Buying a Minecraft server is pretty expensive and many won’t bother to fund it. So, let’s look for free alternatives. Some providers offer free Minecraft server hosting and I will be sharing some of them which I think is good here.
Aternos is an absolutely free MC server provider, no strings attached! That’s why Aternos is my favourite server hosting provider. With its decent server speed and functionality, it is ideal for small-medium size servers. You can also set up minigames like skywars and bedwars there and play with your friends on your own private server.
- Easy to use because Aternos does all the set-ups for you! Good for newbies
- Completely free – NO PAYWALLSSSSS
- No player limit, although having too many players on the servers may overload the available resources.
- Highly Customizable
- 4 GB storage
- Nice support!
- Have queues so you got to wait sometimes, which is pretty irritating
- Has ads on its panel
- Server not 24/7
Minehut is another good alternative free server hosting service. It has the following features:
- Max Players: 10
- RAM: 1 GB
- Max Plugins: Unlimited
- Ad-Free Panel: No
- Backup Slots:1
- Online 24/7: No
- 1 GB RAM
- Professional looking panel
- So ******* many paywalls, usually you are only able to have access to premium ranks, slots and plugins only if you pay for them.
- Server panel has ads
- 10 players limit (the limit rises to 20 if you pay a small amount for the daily plan)
- Not 24/7 online
Getting a Minecraft server is not as hard as you think. However, although Aternos and Minehut can let you host your own server for free, trouble will start to kick in when your server goes big because of the server resources limitations. Exarton (Also by Aternos) and Minehut offer paid server hosting, check them out if you want a boost!